15 November 2009

Visitor profiles, 15 October to 14 November 2009

Welcome to the twenty-first installment of Notes on Religion visitor profiles!

The most recent month (15 October to 14 November 2009):

This month, Notes on Religion received 759 visits.

Visitors came to Notes on Religion from every inhabited continent, alhamdu lillah. The largest number of visitors (24%) came from Italy (grazie!). The United States was next with almost 24%, while Canada came third with 16%. In sha' Allah, I'll quote all monetary amounts (if any are discussed) in euros along with Canadian dollars over the coming month.

Within Italy, the largest number of visitors (15%) came from Rome.

A plurality of visitors this past month (34%) were referred to Notes on Religion by Google. The most common Google search term that brought visitors to the blog was 'russian neo nazi beheading'.

The most popular browser this month was Internet Explorer (47%). 91% of the visitors were Windows users.

Since the founding of the blog (15 March 2007 to 14 November 2009):

The total number of visitors during these two years and eight months was 11,791. The average number of visitors was 12 per day.

The largest number of visitors (43%) came from the United States. The second-highest number (15%) came from Canada. The United Kingdom came third with 7%.

Within the US, the state with the largest number of visitors (14%) was California, while the city with the largest number (5%) was New York.

The majority of visitors (53%) was referred to the blog by Google. The most common search term entered by visitors who were referred to Notes on Religion by Google was 'russian neo nazi beheading'.

The most popular browser was Internet Explorer (47%). 90% of the visitors were Windows users.

----------------
Now playing: Kathy's Song by Simon & Garfunkel

2 comments:

Merisi said...

That is so interesting!
I only look at the number of visitors every now and then, but I think my stats are not as sophisticated as yours anyway (and then, my blog is so completely random apart from the city which stays the same most of the time). I noticed that most "visitors" stay 0 (!) seconds on my blog, as if they were happening there by accident and saying, "Shucks, that's not I was looking for!" ;-)

Rashed said...

Thanks for your visit and for the comment, Merisi!

The zero-second thing happens on my blog too. As far as I know, what it means is that the person only looked at the page they landed on (whether it be the main page or a particular post), and then didn't click on anything else.

I know what you mean, though. I get that feeling sometimes too, when I see all the zero-second visitors on my blog. :)

Something Even More Magical

In other news...